The knowledge and technology in Gastroenterology has grown massively in the last two decades and has branched into various sub specialties like hepatology, pancreatology & liver disorders, functional bowel disorders with motility studies, therapeutic endoscopy and endoscopic ultrasound. Gastrointestinal services incorporate a joint medical and surgical approach to the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of gastrointestinal, liver and pancreatic disorders including cancer.
The department of Gastroenterology at Synergy Hospital provides a comprehensive and state-of-the-art service by means of the outpatient and inpatient facilities. The department is manned by esteemed and experienced gastroenterologists, efficient medical officers, skilled and compassionate paramedical staff, and well-trained technicians. The aim of the department is to provide a patient-focused approach.
What Is Gastroenterology?
Gastroenterology is a medical specialty dealing with the study of the digestive system and its disorders. The knowledge and technology in Gastroenterology has grown massively in the last two decades and has branched into various subspecialties like hepatology, pancreatology, functional bowel disorders with motility studies, therapeutic endoscopy and endoscopic ultrasound. Gastro-intestinal services incorporate a joint medical and surgical approach for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal, liver and pancreatic disorders including cancer.
Treatment Options At Synergy Hospital
- Upper digestive tract
- Stomach, liver, colon, intestine and pancreas
- Early detection and prevention of gastro-intestinal diseases
- Cancers of the Gastro-intestinal region
- Abdominal hernias - removal through laparoscopic and open hernia repair surgeries
- Laparoscopic and Endoscopic treatments
- Gastro-intestinal bleeding
- Cirrhosis of the liver, Hepatitis B and C, Jaundice
- Long term alcohol consumption
- Evaluation for liver transplantation
- Obesity care
Procedures Available At Synergy Hospital
- All types of hernia repair (Inguinal, Umbilical & Incisional)
- CBD exploration
- Duodenal ulcer perforation closure
- Pancreatic necrosectomy and pseudocyst operations
- Laparoscopic Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic and thoracoscopic esophagectomyy
- Laparoscopic colectomy / Anterior resection / AP resection
- Laparoscopic distal pancreatectomy
- Laparoscopic Whipple’s procedure
- Liver resection